Although we have some more time for our Tamil new year, thanks to western influence, we largely celebrate english new year for all practical purposes. However, violating agama shastras and keeping the temples open till midnight is unwarranted for.
Thanks to each one of you for supporting and encouraging me throughout this journey.I also want to call out several of you who have been sending your creations (poems/stuthis/drawings) and sharing rare articles/photos to me on a regular basis to keep this blog running – thank you very much. If you have experienced any inconveniences, please accept my apologies. Also, if I haven’t answered your question or taken care of requests, it is simply due to my work schedule etc….I will try to respond quickly in the coming year…
On behalf of the blog, I wish you all a very happy and prosperous 2020!
On New Year’s day, people take many resolutions – starting from eating right, doing exercises etc. Let us take resolutions that will make our ummachi thatha happy.
I have the following in mind – these are not too hard to follow to greater extent….
- Let us all do our nithyakarmas without fail – no matter what happens – even if we are going to take our last breathe, let us do the sandhyavandhanam and then die! Let us do namaskaram to Sri Musiri mahan and follow his direction on this.
- Wherever/whenever possible please do your best to support gho-rakshanam. Although we can’t eliminate cow slaughtering, let us do our best to reduce and prevent sending existing cows to slaughter houses. Same applies to veda rakshanam. In addition to sending money, let us take extra effort to visit a ghosala, patasala – spend time with vidhyarthis etc and support them – at least once a month.
- Guru darshanam is koti punyam – if you are in the vicinity of Kanchipuram, please make sure we all visit Sri Matam once a month (min) to get blessings from our acharyas.
- Aahara niyamam – although swayam pakam may be too difficult for all practical purposes, let us do our best to eat satvik foods.
- Nama japam and mantra japam – HH Triplicane Periyava and Mahaperiyava had talked a lot about the nama japam mahatmiyam. With the help of proper guru, let us start some japam. Only in our religion, these mantra/nama japams have been found so powerful and help us elevate.
Let us all pray our acharyas to give the vairagyam to follow some of these or any other resolution we take.
I will do a separate posting later on all our activities we did in 2019 from various kainkaryams.
Hara Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya Sankara!
Thanks to Sudhan for sharing this priceless video – I don’t recall seeing this before….
Categories: Periyava TV