As several of you are aware, this blog is not only to talk about Periyava’s experiences, miracles but also to follow His teachings to whatever extent we could do. Proof is in the pudding – there are so many devotees who have transformed through these contents and are progressing in their spiritual journey. We learn everyday here in this virtual temple of Mahaperiyava.
Periyava had talked the importance of individual growth and also doing various kainkaryam together to support our religion, our culture and dharmic values. As many of you are aware, together in the past, we conducted raised some funds for veda rakshanam and gho-rakshanam. We created a small FD from the past donations. Through the interest that accrues, we have been supporting Tiruvanaika Patasaa for the past 3 years, we supported Thogur, Kumbakonam nithya-agnihotris on-need basis in the past. In 2014, we had a great opportunity to rescue 250+ native cows and they all are doing absolutely great in the safe hands of periyava devotees. None of these would have possible without guru anugraham and your support.
Motivated by your support , Kanchi Guruparampara Foundation was formed in 2015 to formalize these activities and it focuses on three core goals – veda rakshanam, gho rakshanam and temple renovation. In 2016, I want to resume annual fundraiser through which we can continue our support for these activities. For 2016, I have the following projects in mind.
- Vaanam Paartha Sivalingam – This is one of Mahaperiyava’s initiatives that was close to His heart. He wanted that we should leave no Shivalingam left unattended. At a minimum, He wanted to build a basic infrastructure so that nithya puja happens to the Lord. Smt Mahalakshmi mami & Sivasri Rajappa Gurukkal have been helping me in identifying such places that is of least expensive. We can’t afford to take up something very big. So, I am working with them on this and hoping to settle down on this soon.
- Gho-samrakshanam – we need to step-up this area. Currently our support is restricted only to supporting few smaller patasalas that also have cows. Depending on how much we collect from this drive, I would like to explore the possibilities of “rescuing” more from slaughterhouses, which should be our goal. More importantly our native cows….There are 100s of articles on why native cows are superior to jersey cows….Will we ever achieve a state where there would be no slaughters? I don’t know – if Periyava willing, it will.
- Veda rakshanam – we are picking and choosing the places of support depending on the needs and information we get. We also intend to cover vaidheeka sambhavana during major events at adishtanam, Sri Pradosham mama gruham events, ati/maha rudrams etc
- Other initiatives that are directed by HH Balaperiyava
Each track deserves lots of funds to do it. Mahaperiyava had always rejected the idea of one major sponsor/donor for any kainkaryam. He always insisted that everyone participates in such dharmic activities – no matter how small/big the contribution is going to be.
With that advice, I request two things: (1) all devotees to participate in this drive (2) be generous in your contribution, if you could. I always use this analogy – we spend 1000s of rupees/dollars in various other things – having parties, eating out, movies, entertainment etc. While all those are needed for us to live a balanced life, supporting these activities are also equally important – particularly when these are the foundation of our sanatana dharma.
Traditionally, the contribution from India has always been the highest because of the of the reader-base. With this fact in place, I request North American and devotees outside of India also to contribute generously.
Kanchi Guruparampara Foundation (KGF) in US and Sri Pratyaksha Charitable Trust in India will collect funds. If you want to directly transfer money to Sri Pratyaksha Charitable Trust, you can definitely do so as they have all RBI clearances to accept foreign funds. The bank details are provided in http://kgpfoundation.org/support.html
- Even if you are donating Rs 10, please remember to drop an email with your name, contact #, amount donated to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is required for tracking and sending receipts at the end of the drive. Please DO NOT write to my personal id – I am getting 100s of emails and it has become impossible to track them there. Hence, I created the above email account for this purpose.
- If you choose which cause you want to support (from the 4 listed above), please mention that in your email AND also in the memo section during your transfers/deposits, if possible.
Last but not the least, not a penny from the donations would be spent anything outside of the intended purpose. All the other activities (Radio, running this blog and other initiatives) and other maintenance/operational cost are completely managed at a personal level. As always, I will continue to provide updates on how the funds are being distributed.
Let us join hands to make a big impact.
Let us pray Kanchi Acharyas to bless us for success in these initiatives.
Hara Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya Sankara!!