Shri Mahaperiyava Sharanam
With the blessings of Shri Mahaperiyava, Ganasmruthi Bhajan Mandali has been on the path of Namasankeerthanam over the last few years. We also perform Radha Kalyanam, Seetha Kalyanam, Srinivasa Kalyanam, Valli Kalyanam and Divyanamasankeerthanam @ various places.
“Ganasmruthi” was formed by late Smt Meenambal Subramanyam in the early 1990s. She, along with her daughter Smt Girija Kalyanaraman and a few other music enthusiasts residing in their residential colony in Chennai, sang devotional songs across different temples and Sabhas.
While Smt Meenambal Subramaniam attained the lotus feet of the Lord in 2000, Smt Girija Kalyanaraman along with her peers and daughters continued the devotional contribution.
The idea of starting the Namasankeertham team was conceptualised in 2017 under the guidance of Smt Girija Kalyanaraman and her siblings. Our first performance was @ Shri Karpaga Vinayakar temple @ Karpagam Gardens, Adyar, Chennai. With the outbreak of the pandemic, we started performing Namasankeertham from home every month – one for Anusham and one for Ayyappan. Since then we have been performing as a family across different places.
It was destiny and Shri Mahaperiyava’s blessing that Shri Neela Krishna (S/o of Shri Panchapakesa Bhagavadhar) and his family joined our team. Shri Neela Krishna is known to the family for more than 35 years, but the thought of rendering Namasankeerthanam together occurred at the divine town of Thillaistanam (near Tiruvaiyaru) under the aegis of Shri Panchapakesa Bhagavadhar (who is also our Guru for Namasankeerthanam).
We have had the fortune of having devoted youngsters joining our team on the Mridangam, Dolak, Harmonium, Keyboard and Flute. We have performed more than 100 Namasankeerthanam programs together and counting. Some of our rendition is also available in our youtube channel (@Ganasmruthi Bhajans)
We believe we are together for a purpose and with Shri Mahaperiyava blessings we are looking to spread the joy of Namasankeerthanam to people at large.
1. Radha Kalyanam @ Mayilai Mahaperiyava Sannidhi
2. Srinivasa Kalyanam @ Parameshwarapuram (near Valliyur)
3. Rukmini Kalyanam @ Shri Kanchi Kamakoti Sankara Mutt, George Town
4. Srinivasa Kalyanam @ Chengalpet Vivekananda Vidhyalaya
5. Valli Kalyanam organized by Annai Varahi Trust, Chennai
6. Valli Kalyanam @ Sundara Vinayakar temple, Velachery, Chennai
7. Radha kalyanam organized by TAMBRAS
8. Sampradaya Divyanamam at Manakkal Agraharam
9. Abhang Sankeerthan at The Maharashtra Association, Chennai
10. Mahaperiyva Adhistanam
11. Orikkai during Chathurmasyam
12. Sabarimalai Ayyappan temple
13. Ahobhilam Narasimhar temple
14. Various temples in Chennai including Mahalingapuram Ayyappan temple, Gopalapuram Shri Venugopala Swamy Temple, kumaran kundram Temple, Shri Anantha Padbanabhaswamy temple, Karpaga Vinayakar Temple etc.
Ganasmruthi Bhajan Mandali
B2, Krishna Residency, 2/34, First Main Road,
Ph – 9791009456