Jaya Jaya Sankara Hara Hara Sankara,
Quick update on our Goshala Renovation work:
The following work has been completed:
1. Low roofing in the center shed has been increased by 6 more feet so the shed has proper ventilation
2. Calf shed work roofing complete – Thatched roof removed and replaced with metal roof
3. The cow shed next to calf shed work has been complete – Thatched roof removed and replaced with
4. New cow shed work roofing complete – Previously around 20 cows were standing in open and now they
have a solid roof on top of them
5. Injured cow shed roofing work complete – Thatched roof removed and replaced with metal roof
So far we have spent around Rs. 4 lakhs for the above.
Pending work remaining:
1. Cladding work for all the sheds so rain water does not seep/pour in during monsoon season
2. Increase the ground level by sand filling the injured cow shed – No concrete floor as injured/sick/old
cows are much better off in the sand than concrete.
3. Civil work for the new shed – Concrete flooring to be done
4. Elevate the Gosala low level areas by filling with sand. This ensures water does not get stagnated and we
don’t get into mosquito bite issues for Gho Mathas.
Will keep you all posted on the progress. Latest pictures and video clips below. Thank you very much for all your support.
Sri Periyava Thiruvadi Sharanam,
Entire video tour of the Gosala showing all the completed shed work including the center shed
Injured/Sick/Old Cow Shed
Calf and Cow Shed – Divided by a small separator in the center
New Cow shed
Thanks for sharing the photos. Great work. One humble suggesstion / opinion is, instead of concrete or any such flooring, clay with cow dung smeared traditional flooring, will be helpful for the Cow’s nurturing and health as well as planting some good trees like Neem, Banyan , Mango, Jack Fruit trees, might help for good natural protection and shadow in the long run.
Also in the roof, if you can put some Coconut leaves roof during summer the heat effect will not be there for the Cows and Calves… Thank you…R. Chidambaram
Thank you for sharing and appreciate the hard work which goes into this. Wish and pray that everyone reading this blog will contribute to this community effort of adopting Cow / Calf.
Will you accept small contributions,
How to send thro netbanking
May God be with all of you for your noble work