கறவை நின்ற மாடுகளை அடிமாட்டுக்காக விற்காமல் ஜீவிய காலம்வரை அவற்றைக் காப்பாற்ற வழி செய்ய வேண்டியதும் நம் ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் உள்ள கடமை – தாயாருக்குச் செய்ய வேண்டிய கடமைக்கு ஸமதையான கடமை. பகவத் ஸ்ருஷ்டியிலேயே தன் கன்றுக்கு வேண்டியதைவிட உபரியாக மற்றவர்களுக்கென்றும் பாலைச் சுரக்கிற பசு நமக்கெல்லாம் தாயார்தான் – ஜகத்குரு ஸ்ரீ சந்திரசேகரேந்திர சரஸ்வதி ஸ்வாமிகள்
To preserve and maintain the unyielding cows as long as they are alive without sending them to slaughter houses is a predominant duty for each one of us – a duty equivalent to what we owe towards our own mother. Designed in the creation of God Himself, the cow which secretes more milk than what is needed by its calf thereby feeding all of us is certainly a mother to us – Jagadguu Chandrasekharendra Saraswathy Swamigal
Jaya Jaya Sankara Hara Hara Sankara – In one of the unprecedented cow rescues that I had been primarily involved this rescue was very special for many reasons.
- The cows were saved during the auspicious Navarathri
- The cows are pure native breed cows called ‘Umblachery‘. They are native to Tanjore delta region and this breed is on the verge of extinction
- The cows were in a farm near Thiruvarur from where they were rescued. The ground was fully soggy, no food, or water to eat/drink. They were just surviving on green grass around the farm. There were no labours to take care as well.
- The farm owner’s son passed away and he sold all these cows to a broker from whom I purchased these cows
- I asked the cow broker to hold off the sale till Navarathi is over but he said he did not have any resources to take care of these cows in large numbers and had to be sold or else they will not survive without food/water. If I had delayed for another few days these cows would have been died or gone to abbatoir.With no other option, I traveled overnight to Thiruvarur, personally went to this farm in a village near Thiruvarur and found the conditions pathetic. There were a total of 37 cows out of which 11 cows ran away deep inside the farm, 25 cows saved, and one cow died unfortunately while transporting. I’m in the process of working out how to save the remaining 11 cows as well. The rescued cows are safely residing in Jeyam Gosala, Mayiladuthurai.
A word on ‘Umblachery’ native breed cows:All our Bharathiya native breed cows are special. However, according to many experts these ‘Umblachery’ breeds are super special. Every bi-product we get out of them is worth the weight of gold. Ghomeyam, Ghomayam with which Panchagavyam is prepared are real superior quality. Though the milk quantity is less, the quality is just top notch. Unfortunately, the meat of these cows are also in heavy demand (due to its taste) so they are butchers popular choice as well. That is the reason this breed is on the verge of extinction. Our goal should be to save as many rare and extinct breed as much as we can.I’m posting all the 25 rescued cow pictures below so we all get a fair idea of how an ‘Umblachery’ breed looks like. In a few pictures you may see two cows but the one that is focused more and is of greyish white complexion is this rare breed.As I mentioned before, all these rescue efforts cannot happen without all of your help and support.
Many Jaya Jaya Sankara to Smt. Avantika Vardhan, Smt. Bhanu Hegde, Smt. Pabbathi Vandana, Shri Anand Ranjarajan, Smt. Kamala Vijay, Shri. Kowmudi Bulusu, Smt. Usha Venkateswaran, Smt. Kalpana Lakshman
Smt. Poornima Krishnamachari, Smt. Gomathy Gopal, Shri. Arvind Ramesh, Smt. Poornima Krishnamachari, Smt. Saraswathy Thiagarajan Amma, Shri Umesh Sadasivam, Shri Sakthi, Smt. Kamala, Shri Amarnath Kundanamadugu, Shri Anand Ranjarajan, and Shri PK Vaidhyanathan for their contributions through which we could save these precious lives. Sri Periyava Thiruvadi Sharanam. Rama Rama
Please mention ‘Cow Rescue’ in the subject line and send a note with your name, amount to firstname.lastname@example.org for tracking purposes.
For donations in India, here are the details:
Name: Dharma Sanjeevinee Bhavanam
SBI Savings A/c. No. 32626335713 & IFSC Code – SBIN0002233, State Bank of India, CPCL Branch, Manali, Chennai-600 068
For contribution in US – you can make electronic payment to email@example.com from your bank via
Zelle or QuickPay etc. This is the MOST convenient method for all. (or) PayPal
Cows standing in soggy ground in a farm with no food or water
Cow Transported from Thiruvarur farm to Jeyam Gosala in Mayiladuthurai (around 70 kms)
All 25 cows Cows Safely in Gosala