ஒரு காக்கை இருக்கிறது. எங்கேயோ ஒரு பழத்தைச் சாப்பிட்டுவிட்டு நம் தோட்டத்திலே வந்து எச்சமிடுகிறது. அந்தப் பழத்தின் கொட்டை இங்கே நம் வீட்டுத் தோட்டத்தில் விழுந்து மரமாகிறது. அந்தக் காக்கை நமக்கு ஓர் உபகாரம் பண்ணிவிட்டது. நாய் காவல் காக்கிறது. குதிரையை வண்டியில் கட்டி ஸவாரி பண்ணுகிறோம். கோமாதா நமக்கு பௌதிகமாகவும் ஆத்மார்தமாகவும் பண்ணுகிற உபகாரம் கொஞ்ச நஞ்சமில்லை. இப்படி எல்லாரிடமும் உபகாரம் பெற்றுவிட்டு, மநுஷ்ய ஜன்மா எடுத்துள்ள நாம் பிரதி உபகாரம் பண்ணாமல் இருந்தால் பாபம் அல்லவா? – ஜகத்குரு ஸ்ரீசந்திரசேகரேந்திர சரஸ்வதி ஸ்வாமிகளின் அருள்மொழிகள்
A crow eats a fruit somewhere and expels the seed in our garden and the latter grows into a tree. The crow has done us a service. The dog guards our house. We ride in a horse drawn cart. And the Holy Mother, Cow – Gho Matha serves us materially and spiritually, in so many ways. If after receiving all these services from every being, if we do not give something in return, is it not a sin? – Jagadguru Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Swamigal
As 2018 is winding down, I want to take this as an opportunity to update you all on what we did in 2018 and seek your support for raising funds for 2019. Historically, I do the fund-raising in Jan but in order to enable US devotees to take advantage of tax deductions for the current year, On this auspicious guruvaram, I am opening the fundraiser for 2019.
As you all are aware, with the help of the blog, over the period of few years, we are able to slowly increase our support for various causes – all our acharyas’ grace. Following three charts that give you some more insights. First one is the overall distribution of our funds towards activities. 2nd & 3rd gives you one level details on vedham and gho rakshanam.
Highlights of ongoing support:
- 3 Veda Patasalas (Thiruvanaikkaval, Melattur, and Coimbatore) – Provide groceries and maintenance support – Average around Rs. 15,000 per month per patasala
- 5 Ancient temples for Nithya Puja Support – Rs 5000/month – Thanks to Smt Mahalakshmi mami for the lead – this started very recently.
- 1 Ghosala (Sri Gokula Krishna Gosala near Thiruvallur) – Provide fodder for 7 cows per month – Rs. 10,000 per month – this started very recently
- Vaideeka sambhavanai for Mahaperiyava Aradhana/Jayanthi/Jata Parayanam in few select locations – Funds disbursed on a need basis
Outside of that, in 2018, we have done:
- Five cows rescued from Slaughter – Started this initiative recently in Sep 2018
- Built 5000 liter Water Tank for Cows
- Help build Cow Shed to accommodate rescued cows
- Construct a Praharam for an ancient 2000+ year old Siva Temple
- Education Support of a kid who belongs to Vaideeka family
- Anthima Samskaram for a Brahmin boy
- Tirumeyachur infrastructure support for kitchen etc
- Akilandeswari Kumbabhishekam
- Thamiraparani Pushkaranam
Our 2019 priorities:
- Continue to support the 3 Veda Patasalas we already have been supporting. Provide support to Veda Parayanam, Aradhana/Jayanthi, Vaidheega family support, etc. This is bare minimum – we don’t want to say no to them.
- Rescue 25 Cows – Cost of rescue/cow – Rs 30K each approximately. As a general guideline, the cost of supporting a cow is around Rs 2000/ per month. This is just to give you an idea as the rescued cow has to be maintained in Ghosala.
- Support for Nithya Puja for 10 temples
- Support one Vaanam Paartha Sivalingam project – max support of Rs 5 Lakhs
We can’t do any of these without your help. Our funds have dried-up. Time for all of us to come together to support us. I am seeking on behalf of KGF to generously support to keep our operations going. Last thing we want to do is saying “No” to places where we have been supporting regularly and put them into trouble. Few months back when many were interested in sending money, I asked them to wait till we open up the official fundraiser. Here it is now! Pl extend your best support. Please share this with your friends/families – it all adds up.
I request US donors to consider $400+ as your contribution ($1/day – rounded off to $400). Having said that, any amount is fine towards these causes. Every penny counts. For donors from India, please consider Rs 5000+. These are causes very close to our acharyas.
If any of you are interested in taking up a specific temple support for 2019, please email me and I will connect you with the specific sivacharyas and you can work with him directly – you don’t have to go through us at all.
I will be submitting the detailed report, which is an usual practice, on 2018 report to Sri Periyava once He is back from his Thiruvaniakka yathra.
For donations in India, here are the details:
Sri Pratyaksha Charitable Trust
Bank & Branch: City Union Bank Ltd.Mount Road Branch.Chennai 600006
A/c No 049001000645148
Also drop an email with your name, amount and purpose to email@example.com for tracking.
For contribution in US – you can make electronic payment to firstname.lastname@example.org from your bank via Zelle or QuickPay etc. This is the MOST convenient method for all.
PayPal – https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/110230052184687338/charity/1854990
Mail us the check to the address provided in this page – www.kgpfoundation.org/support.html
For the receipts for 2018 US donations, we will be emailing them by first week of January in US. For India, Sri Pratyaksha Trust has been prompt in sending as and when they receive it. Yet, there were few cases where there were some confusions. Our apologies for those slips. We will stay on top of that to avoid it in the future.
We sincerely thank our partners in India Sri Sivaarpanam Trust & Sri Prathyaksha Trust to help us with disbursement process.
Will always seek the blessings of Kanchi Acharyas to keep these going and be truthful and sincere to what we are doing….
Hara Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya Sankara!
If you need any additional information, please email at email@example.com
Hi Mahesh Sir,
For Indian donations, to which email id should i send the donation detail.
Further, does Pratyaksha Trust have UPI id for transferring thru BHIM or Google Pay.
All emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will update the post with this info. On the other question UPI ID, I dont know what it is….I’ve forwarded your question to pratyaksha trust and waiting for their response. Will get back to you once i hear from them.
Checked with them. They haven’t setup the UPI ID yet. It is in the process. Until then, you need to do a transfer using IFSC code.
Mahesh, You are doing a great job here supporting so many activities. Yes, one can support more and all of us need to make contributions to sustain these ongoing programs sponsored by KGP Foundation.