As per the request from the well-wishers of Sri Poornamahameru Trust, I am sharing their invitation to a musical fundraising event on Nov 18th. While we spend lot of money on so many social events, we should definitely support a noble cause like this on a regular basis – even if the contribution is small.
Sri Poornamahameru Trust (NGO) has been involved in supporting destitute elders, leprosy affected and the underprivileged society for more than 25 years. Based out of Chennai, It is also involved in free food distribution programs (Annadanam) all over Tamilnadu. The trust started in 1993, is a registered public charitable trust open to those deserving people irrespective of any religion, caste or creed provided they meet the basic criteria. Our vision is to help the elders and the underprivileged community to be self-reliant and live a dignified and sustainable quality of life.
Sri Poorna Mahameru Trust. Pallavaram celebrated its silver jubilee in serving the society as ordained by HH Sri Mahaperiva of Kanchi. Here is a brief description on our core projects.
1. “Thriveni” free old age home for destitute elders: Destitute senior citizen who doesn’t have anyone to take care are taken irrespective of caste or creed subject to the conditions of the trust. They are provided with free accommodation, food, dresses,and even their last rites are done by the trust. They are having a dignified and peaceful life here.
2. Sri Matha Nithya Annadanam Scheme(Feed the needy) : The kitchen at Sri Poorna Maha Meru Trust caters not just to the resident elders but also to the visitors, workers and to anyone who walks in hungry to our premises under this Scheme . “Food for everyone” is one of the important mission of our NGO.The trust also conducts mass feeding/annadanam on special occasions like Navaratri, Chitra Pournami (Budha Poornima) and during various other occasions, natural calamities etc.
3. Sri Narayana Guru Leprosy Mission: Every month, volunteers from the trust visit and provides free food to few of the 8+ leprosy centers in and around Chennai.We also provide dresses,utensils or anything else they might be in need of to the residents. People who are treated by leprosy service centres are invited and we do Narayana seva to them by feeding and spending time with them.
4. Dhanvantri Free Medical Center : Our Medical center caters to the needs of elders and the nearby people of Pallavaram for their basic medical needs.
5. Sri Abhinava Vidya Tirtha Educational Scholarship scheme: The trust also provides educational assistance to the needy including children of Leprosy affected on a case by case basis under this programme. The children of the support staff working in the home are also provided such assistance.
6. Santh Tukaram scheme for Promotion of Arts and Culture : Our trust promotes the budding artists in fields like Carnatic music, Classical dances, Harikatha, Bhajans, traditional village folk music & dances and conducts events in our premises. We also promote painting,iconography based arts and similar finer aspects of our culture so that these treasures are preserved and passed on to the next generation.
Brochure of our trust is attached for your reference. Please watch this video to know more
We are organizing a fund raising concert for our trust in Los Altos, CA, USA.in association with some of our friends in Sri Mahaperiyava Mandali, Sacramento, CA. Please see the attached invite.
Your support would be much appreciated.
Sri Poorna Mahameru Trust
1, Sankara Salai, Subham Nagar,
Old Pallavaram, Chennai-600117, India
Ph: + 91-44-22472483 / +91-9444868282