Jaya Sankara Hara Hara Sankara – Kudos to Shri. Varadarajan, Shri. Sundar, Smt. Bhala Sundaresan for getting the last quiz answer correctly. Though our dharma is unique in many aspects the question is from a sociological perspective :-). Here is the correct answer.
According to Periyava, from a sociological perspective, what is the unique aspect of our religion that is absent in other religions?
Ans: 6. Varna Dharma. Click HERE for details.
Here is the next one.
According to Periyava, what is the bare minimum atonement that Brahmins should do for abandoning Vedas?
1. No atonement needed as it is Yuga Dharma and we cannot do much about it.
2. Every family should perform Athi Rudra Maha Yajnam thrice at Vedapureeswarar temple as an atonement.
3. Start doing Nithyakarma Anushtanams – Trikaala Sandhyvandam and Brahma Yagna. This itself is an atonement for
4. Do Aacharya darisanam every Pournami (full moon day) for five successive weeks to clear this dosha and then start
studying Vedas on an auspicious day.
5. Perform upanayam for our children at seven years; teach them Vedas every day for 1 hour for the next ten years.
6. Do Gho Puja every Dwadasi for an year as that is a great atonement for any doshams committed.
7. Do Bhagawatha Sapthaga Parayanam seven times in a span of 3 years so this dosham is cleared.
8. Whatever money one makes instead of studying Vedas should be donated to Vedic children for their study and welfare.
9. All of the above.
10. None of the above.
Categories: Devotee Experiences