While we are busy posting and reading articles on a daily basis, it is good to note that someone else is doing some analysis to give some fun facts…Thanks WordPress!
Thanks for the support and without your encouragement this wouldn’t have been possible.. Thanks for being with me and making me part of your family..
I say this because I have seen motherly, brotherly treatment to me all the time from so many people. Recently I was in NJ where I was treated like a son by a mother who has been visiting US for a short time. I was pretty moved by her love – she did exactly what my mother does – kept feeding me, yet unsatisfied, she packed food for me and my wife for next few days – prayed for me!! Subathra – thanks for your email and it just came at the right time and I am very glad that I met your mother. This is all because of Periyava and the blog. I am so fortunate to know you all.
In 2015, together, we did these (something that WordPress won’t cover!)::
- Starting Periyava Karyam Blog (periyavakaryam.wordpress.com)
- Forming Kanchi Guruparampara Foundation (www.kgpfoundation.org) with the divine blessings of HH Balaperiyava & Pudhuperiyava
- Supported kumbabishekams of two maha-kshetramsThirupunavasal, Tirumeyachur
- Supported few veda parayanams
- Launching of Periyava Radio
- 3rd year of continued support to Tiruvanaika Patasala and other gho/patasalas/agnihotris from the corpus fund we created since 2012+
- Did little contribution to Sunday sahasra gayathri japam movement in US. Together with Hari Ramasubbu – we started this with just 4-5 folks and now this is a 90+ member group! I am happy to be part of this. In few weeks, we will have an mobile app ready for this too 🙂
- Mobile app (Kanchi Sankara) launched that is planned to address all the activities of blog & KGF.
These are not accomplishments of any single person – this is the power of Periyava satsang! With right set of folks, you can achieve anything and if our intents are good, Periyava will truly bless us. Periyava Radio is a classic example of that – we have a team of 7-8 folks working tirelessly and more importantly selflessly! With these proven results, I am motivated to do more with you all….HH Balaperiyava had already given some direction to get involved in few projects in 2016. I will share more with you all on that soon.
While we write about achievements, I also admit that there are things that I probably did not handle well during this year – I am not perfect – I make mistakes too. My apologies to all if I have accidentally hurt your feelings. Also due to lack of time, I accidentally not replied to your emails or missed posting your contents etc – pl accept my apologies.
This family is expanding day by day – let us keep sharing and pray together to Periyava to bless us all..I take this an opportunity to wish you all a very happy and prosperous New Year. Let this new year bring all the bests for all of us.
Our namaskarams to all the acharyas of Kanchi Guruparampara!!
Hara Hara Sankara Jaya Jaya Sankara!
Ok – now, check out some fun stats WordPress had prepared.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 2,700,000 times in 2015. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 116 days for that many people to see it.