Jaya Jaya Shankara Hara Hara Shankara – Here is the list of key points from Deivathin Kural Gho Samrakshanam Chapters (32 chapters in Volume 7 and 1 chapter in Volume 3). Let’s pray to Periyava to show us all a way to do Gho Samrakshanam ‘consistently’ and do whatever we can do to revive this Dharma. Periyava Thiruvadigal Charanam. Ram Ram.
- Our mother feeds us milk only for a year or two whereas Gho Matha feeds us for our entire life time. Not only milk, she also provides, curd, ghee, buttermilk, dried cow dung cakes that is used for Homams/Yajnams. We also get Basma (Vibuthi) from dried cow dung cakes. Gho Matha is very soft and tender by nature. Gho Matha takes the form of Bhu Matha and Sri Matha as well.
- Milk is allowed to be consumed by Sannyasis who according to Shastras are refrained
from consuming any animal products, with the exception of Cow milk.
It satisfies their twin objectives of not harming an animal for food and also increases
their Sathvik (Good) qualities. The same holds true for normal people as well.
- Everything in Gho Matha is considered auspicious. Even the Gho Meyam (Urine) and
Gho Mayam (Cow Dung) are considered auspicious and is part of Pancha Gavyam.
- Performing Pancha Kavya abhishekam (Mixture of Milk, Curd, Ghee, Cow Urine, and Cow Dung) to Lord Shiva is considered very auspicious. Doing abhishekam using Cow horn to Lord Shiva is considered auspicious as well. We need to realize even the Cow dung and urine are very pure in nature that has a lot of divine and medicinal values.
- Gho Rosonai (Liver Fat) is used in Siddha Medicines. Her skin is used for making Mela (drums) played in temple worship/auspicious occasions. Of course, the above said should only be obtained after Gho Matha passes away naturally and not by brutally killing her which is a grave sin with no atonement.
- The dust that arises out of her walking is considered very auspicious as well. Godhooli Snaanam, which is one of the auspicious bath as mentioned by scriptures and Srimad Bhagawatham states Lord Krishna has enjoyed this several times.
- One of the key reasons why one home in Bhopal was not affected a bit when millions died was because of the cow dung cakes that were used in performing daily Yajnas. After this incident, the Russian scientists accepted that Cow dung has very strong disinfectant and anti-pollutant capabilities.
- Pancha Gavyam, made of five cow products (Milk, Curd, Ghee, Cow Dung, and Cow Urine) has immense scientific and spiritual capabilities. They are used for exterior as well as interior cleaning. They are used to cure bone related diseases. Cow Urine is used in preparation medicines for stomach aches. Milk is full of Calcium which helps our bones grow stronger and also help cure skin related diseases. The benefits of curd, ghee and buttermilk, if consumed the right levels are significant and are very well known to all of us.
- According to scriptures, killing Gho Matha is equivalent to killing our mother, the gravest of all sins with no atonement. Even a small harm caused to Gho Matha is a great sin.
- No Homams/Yajnas can happen in this world without Gho Matha or her products.
- Anushtanams (ritual)/Japams done in Gho Shala (where Cow resides) provides billion times more benefits than done at home.
- Cows when they cease to provide milk, still provide ingredients for organic manure.
- Cow feeding can be made very simple by collecting all vegetable waste daily from our
homes, hotels, and hostels on a ‘Daily’ basis. All we need to do, show some
heart to do this.
- All 33 crore devathas reside in Gho Matha. She is a walking temple by herself. All Punniya Theerthas (Sacred rivers) reside in her.
- Ignoring Cow by not feeding properly and killing is a grave sin. She should be
considered a National Treasure.
- Gho Matha is Goddess Sri Mahalakshmi herself. Goddess Sri Mahalakshmi resides in the rear part of the cow. In Sri Madam Gho Puja is done daily before Ghaja puja.
- Lighting Ghee Lamp in temples and home is considered very auspicious. This is yet another
invaluable product that Gho Matha provides us.
- Ban of Cow Slaughter is very important and public should campaign for it. More importantly, Gho
Matha Samrakshanam by individuals should happen on a daily basis. Existing Gho Salas should
flourish and new Gosalas should be built to ensure not even one cow should go for slaughter.
- Do not mix coffee (caffeine content) with milk. Abolish this practice forever. Even Afghanistan and
Mughal rulers of India had strict ban on cow slaughter not too long ago.
- Vedas, Sastras, Ithihasas, and Puranas emphasize the importance of Gho Matha Samrakshanam,
Seva, and worship umpteen number of times.
- We should campaign intensly for Gho Matha Samrakshanam and also involve people from other
religions as well by patiently explaining the qualities of Mother Cow.
- Protecting Mother Cow is Protecting the world. The world will be much more peaceful only when atrocities against Gho Matha stops. If Mother Cow is put in distress the entire world will suffer as well. Cow Protection is extremely important for Loka Kshemam.
- It is important we learn how to do Gho Matha Samrakshanam from North Indian people who have
immense love and respect for Gho Samrakshanam.
- There is NO GREATER PUNNIYAM than doing Gho Dhanam; Performing Gho Samrakshanam is Parama Punniyam, Parama Dharmam. Performing Gho Matha Samrakshanam is the biggest Lakshmi Puja as well.
- It is my wish that all people irrespective of caste, creed, or religion unite together for this great cause of Gho Matha Samrakshanam.
Lokha Samastha Sukhino Bavanthu. Periyava Thiruvadigal Charanam! Ram Ram!