Thanks to Sri Chandramouli (in the picture) who sent the detail about this book.
About the Book
This book, which is captioned “SRI RUDRA KALPA” is author’s 16th publication.
In this book, the author has made an excellent compilation, viz.,
- Samhita (Moolam) and “Padapatas of “Rudra, Chamaka prasnas” at one place in four Vedas (Rudra, Narayana Suktam and their padapata’s, Shukla and Krishna Yajur and Sama),
- As in Rig and Sama Vedas, names of Rishi(Sage), Chandas(Metre) and Devatas (deities) with evidences of origin (Moolam) in “Rudra Chamaka Prasnas” of Shukla and Krishna Yajur veda are given.
- The prayers/ desires in “chamaka prasnas” of Krishna Yajur veda are given in chronological order.
- Application/usage/chanting of Sri Rudra Ekadasi with puja-homavidhi (Sampurna Rudra Ekadasi prayoga) has been mentioned.
- Usage of Sri Rudra Mantras as in the 6th chapter of very old “grantha” of “Maharnava” has been incorporated.
- Apart from the foregoing, the book contains a very rare ‘stotra” and Namavali of “Siva Sahasranama” (Lingapuranam) as prayed to Lord Parameswara by Lord Narayana to get back his “Srichakra” , when he lost it. It is a specialty of the book.
About the Author
Acharya Muralikrishna Srowthi a renowned Vedic Scholar started his vedic education at the age of five and a half, under the guidance of his Guru Brahmashri Sankaranarayana Srowthigal. He has completed Sampurna Sama Veda Adhyayanam with Ashtabrahmanam, Shadangam, Lakshana, Srowtha, Smartha, Veda Bhashya. He has also completed Kramantham in Krishna Yajur Veda and Samhita in Rig Veda. He has studied Shastras like Sahithya, Vyakarana, Mimamsa and Dharma Shastra. He has expertise knowledge about conducting rituals in all Vedas.
He has been honored with various awards from various institutions. One of the most prestigious awards is “Sarvoccha Pariksha” by Kasi Raja. “Veda Pandit” by U.P Samskrita Academy, Lucknow.
He has completed his Doctorate in Vedas from Maharishi Sandeepany Veda Vidya pratishthan, Ujjain and the subject was “Vedaanam Samavedosmi iti Bhagavadukthi Samiksha”
“Veda Ratnakara” with a citation and Sanmanam of Rs.100,001. And also a gold medal in all india basis for best scholar given by Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Pithadhipati, Jagadguru HH Sri Sri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal.
To name a few other awards, “Samaveda Sarvabhwoma”, “Vedavyasa Vidya Vachaspathi”, “Veda Shastra Rakshamani” and “Vaidika Samrat.
He has trained around forty vidyarthis. Most of the vidyarthis are lecturers in various institutions and are managing various fields. He had rendered speeches about different topics of Veda and Shastra. He has been an examiner and adviser to various institutions.
He is the founder Chairman and President of Vidvath Sabha (Veda Shastra Shiksha Anusandhana Kendram). He has researched on the manuscript work, edited and published fifteen books on various topics relating to Vedas and Shastras.
An ardent devotee of Sri Kanchi Mahaswami, he has made prachara of Guru’s ideas about the veda and shastra in different angles.