On this new year day, let us all resolve that we will try our best to follow how MahaPeriava has told us to live. Just to recapitulate:–
- All those who have become eligible to do ‘Nithya Karma’ (Daily rituals), should do Sandya Vandhanam three times a day, following the procedure laid out by Sastras.
- All those who have to perform ‘Pitru Karma’ should, without fail, perform the same—Amavasya Tharpanam, Sradhdham etc.
- Participate in services like ‘Maintenance of cows (GO—Samrakshana), supporting Veda Patasalas, lending help to orphanages, old age homes and such welfare schemes.
- Drive away the Asuras such as Anger, Lust, Jealousy etc. and install unconditional Love in that place.
- Chant Bagavan Namas daily, and devote some time for prayer
- Pray for everyone’s welfare –not only for self.
- Avoid extravaganza in Marriages and Upanayanams, which are purely Vedic functions, and donate the surplus money to those in dire need of it.
- Shun Silk robes.
- Do not demand or accept Varadhaksinai.
- Be content with what is basically needed for living; do not be greedy.
The above are some of the most crucial among what MahaPeriava has ordained us to follow.
MahaPeriava will certainly shower His blessings on all of us.
May the new year bring Happiness, Peace, Good Health and prosperity to one and all.