I had a great opportunity to meet Sri Ramani Bagavathar in Chicago. He and his entire family are great devotees of Mahaperiyava and staunch followers of Sri Kanchi Matam. Exactly on the Deepawali day, I interviewed him at his daughter’s place in Chicago. He spent more than an hour talking about Periyava….
This was not exactly an interview – this was a combination of personal experience and some pravachanam 🙂
Some of the highlights::
- Mama is blessed to see Periyava in samadhi state – one of the few to see probably
- Breaking His vow of silence for mama’s song on Dakshinamurthy
- Spontaneously composing a stuthi on Periyava that was approved by Him too..My son sang this song last year – here is the link
- Periyava as Vaideeswaran
- Periyava as vittal to another devotee
- Why go to mosque when we have all mantras?
- Mama and HH Pudhu and Bala Periyavas
One more incident that mama did not cover in the interview. He mentioned later in October Anusham event at my place. Apparently this was told by HH Pudhu Periyava to mama.
“During early days of Pudhu Periyava, once Mahaperiyava fell sick due to stomach pain….He was suffering a lot….Pudhu Periyava could not see the sufferings and started doing some japam and transferred the stomach pain to a dharbai…..Dharbai started to jump up and down…After seeing this Mahaperiyava hurriedly said, “what are you doing? we are not here for doing these things….do not do these anymore…I have taken this body and let me go through all these sufferings…”
As you can see in the video I had a struggle in deciding if I should cover Radha Krishna in the background or just Periyava alone. That struggle can be seen in me zooming in and out and finally focusing on Periyava and mama!!!
As you can see from his talk, he consistently samarpans all his success, fame, well-being to Periyava….It is my fortune to see someone like mama who has utmost devotion to Periyava! Thanks mama for the time…
Categories: Devotee Experiences