Thanks to Shri Venkatasubramaniam for sending this great treasure – great interview – rare photos….Shri A.S.Raman (Aathur Seetharaman)’s relative had sent this treasure to him and finally reached me….There are two interviews in this package..
It is another amazing interview done by Shri A.S.Raman – don’t miss….To me, Periyava’s views on some of the topics are new….
- Caste System – the swadharma part & secularism
- How brahmins disintegrated..in fact he goes to the extent of saying that today’s brahmins have no right to preach anymore on what our ancestors said when he is not able to live like a brahmin!!!
- Banned book “Lotus and the Robot” by Koestler – it seems Koestler had highest regards for Periyava while he ridiculed everything else
- Temple renovation – Temples don’t have to look pretty!!!
- Periyava’s regards for English as a language
- Emphasis on moral value for children and how our system has dragged us only into academic achievements
The author sees Lord Nataraja & Buddha’s serenity in Periyava….The author of the banned book sees Christ’s smile in Periyava etc…
Closing paragraph is such a great tribute to this mahan….I do not think it could have been written any better than this…
How informed, intelligent and educated the journalists in those days? How well they are prepared to meet a mahan like him – look at the photo….Their entire family must have prepared for this visit really well – it shows up in the photo where they’re waiting for Periyava….
Today, the journalist spend the previous night in a pub and go to matams/ashrams the next day to do interview!! They have no intelligence, can’t write a quality English or Tamil articles, lack depth in any field, lack of manners..Most of them land up into this area as they failed everywhere else…True and quality journalism is dead long ago.
Thanks to these great authors with whom we can cherish those old days…
Here is the download link for Part 1
Here is the download link for Part 2
Categories: Devotee Experiences