I have been wanting to consolidate all medical miracles into a single post but never attempted to do it. However, our dear friend, Shri Suresh Panchanathan has been maintaining a list like that and he shared it with me. Based on that, I have created this post.
Please remember that these incidents are individual devotees’ experience. This is not the one size fits all solution. Periyava had given anugraham based on each individual’s karma etc. What is important is to keep bakthi towards Periyava.
When I was talking to one mama in Chennai recently, he narrated an experience where he approached Periyava for stomach pain. Periyava asked him to do two things (1) drink a glass of water mixed with athi mathuram (2) think of Him when pain comes. Devotee did that and the pain never came back. The real treatment is (2) and just to convince the devotee Periyava must have told (1) !!! Bakthi alone matters – rest doesn’t!
Here is the link to Suresh’s blog
Sincere thanks to Suresh for sharing this. I have shrunk his contents and given links for each topic. I intend to keep updating it as I hear more. I also request the readers to drop an email if you remember any such incidents from videos you watched or articles you read – I will be more than happy to update them here.
- Depression — Thirumurugatruppadai on Lord Muruga by Poet Nakkeerar (திருமுருகாற்றுப்படை)
- For Thirumurugatrupadai can be found at http://www.kaumaram.com/
- Overall well being — Ambal Devi Aparadha Kshamapana Sthothram
- Headache and overall wellbeing — Narayaneeyam complete recital
- Eyes — பெற்றம் ஏறு உகந்து (Petram Yeru Uganthu)
- Cancer — shlokam from Narayaneeyam
- Kidney failure — Vasambu paste
- Skin disease
- BP, Diabetes and Cancer — Charity was the medicine suggested to a miser by Him
- Stomach cancer — Leaves of Kanagal tree
- Overall well being – Soundarya Lahari – Almost all the 100 verses are very powerful and beneficial to the individual in some form or the other…
- Stomach Pain
- Glass of water with a spoon of Athi Mathuram powder
- Think of Him when pain comes
- Stammering – Reading Arya Sadhagam regularly