I have repeatedly said that number of followers, million views, 1000+ posts don’t matter to me. If all His articles, videos, upanysams lead few – just a few – to change for the better, then the purpose of this blog is achieved. I get lots of emails regularly where people drop few liners on how this blog has made an impact to them. Here is one such person, who has taken some time to articulate it very nicely on what he is starting to do. Thanks to Shri Vijay for sharing this….Let us wish him the very bests to stay on track and I am sure Mahaperiyava will bless him on this great sankalpam. Mahaperiyava’s karunai is boundless – I am sure we will see more of these great changes in the future.
Great job, Vijay!
Dear Mahesh ji & all other contributors to this site. This site has helped me in refining my life through the divine blessing of the ‘voice of God’ – ‘Deivathin Kural’ – by Mahaswami – Ever since I started reading this site and Mahaswami’s experiences through his devotees, I have done the small humble bits as below:
1) Started to wear only traditional dress while at home and while going around near by places.
2) Started to do Sandhyavandhanam ( which I have been constantly doing from my upanayanam ) with more commitment.
3) Joined a sat-sangh at near by Shankara mutt @ Adambakkam (Chennai) and started learning Sandhyavandhanam with correct swaram.
4) Started and in progress of learning Krishna Yajur Vedam at the same above mentioned place – all these during the weekends evening.
5) Daily reciting Vedic chants after Sandhya vandhanam – bought Mahan Sri Anna ( Ramakrishna Mutt)’s book on Sandhya Vandhana Bhashyam.
6) Learnt of Gho Samrakshana and its importance as stressed by Maha Swamiji – in this regard, I happened to see a link in Late Sri Gopalaswami’s posting and visitedhttp://www.goseva.net and recently become a humble Gho – Sevakar.
7) After going through http://www.goseva.net – given up using leather products – changed my watch strap to metal, switched to synthetic leather ( faux leather ) shoes, slippers and purse – using only rubber slippers else where, when ever possible, spreading the message of Gho – Samrakshana – its spirituality and economics of protecting cows.
8) Many happy things are starting to occur around me because of this – even things that were falling apart in office and home – have miraculously started to get in shape and calmness prevails in my life.
Thanks again – and please keep up this good work for many people like me.
Thanks and regards,