Jaya Jaya Sankara Hara Hara Sankara – Following Cauvery Maha Pushkaram last year, Adiyen had the immense privilege and Bhagiyam in attending this “once in a life-time Maha Pushkaram” this year. As I have been posting about the importance of this for the past several months, we all by now should about the significance of this grandeur event 🙂
First and foremost, let us all thank Smt. Mahalakshmi Mami from the bottom of our hearts who has really cranked up a ton to make this mega event happen successfully. Only when someone goes on-site and see they can appreciate the amount of planning and efforts that has been put in. I will paraphrase the highlights so if someone is still half minded about making up to this event it can help them firm up their minds 🙂 For folks who cannot make it watch these pictures and clips and do Manaseeka Snanam.
- Travel: At this time it will be tough to get train tickets except for Tatkal. Flights or buses are better options. It takes an hour by flight from Chennai and 9 hrs by bus. Whatever the mode, reach the old bus stand/Kurukkuthurai/Vannarapettai area. There are 149 Padi Thurai and the one very popular is Kurukkuthurai where Smt. Mahalakshmi Mami resides and where Adiyen went.
- Lodging: Arrangements have been made by Smt. Mahalakshmi Mami in this regard. There are many rooms and a couple of big Chattirams to accommodate devotees. There are enough restrooms and bathrooms available.
- Food: Free food, three times a days has been organized. Both madi and non-madi food are available depending on one’s need. Located very close to the place where the lodging rooms are.
- Snanam, Dhanam and Tharpanam: As mentioned in the previous posts, Vadhiyar has been arranged for performing Snana Sankalpam, Dhanam, and Tharpanams. Refer to those posts for contact number and details.
- Swami Darisanam – As mentioned in #1, there are 149 Padithurai’s where this Maha Pushkaram happens. Lord Subramaya Swamy’s temple reside right on the banks of Kurukku Thurai Padi Thurai which is very famous and auspicious.
- Yaga Salai & Upanyasams – Close to the banks of Kurukuthurai we have the Yaga Salai where various homams are performed in the day. In the evening, we have upanyasams and many other cultural festivals. There are many mahans and adheenams visiting this place every day to witness the Maha Pushkaram and Yagnams. We can have their darisanam as well.
- Commute: Battery cars are operated for aged and disabled devotees. There are also enough autos available. However, all of the above mentioned are in close proximity so one could pretty much cover end to end in a matter of 5-10 mins (max.) by feet.
- Crowd – When I went the crowd was pretty decent and manageable but I’m hearing more devotees visit every passing day.
- Thamirabarani Arathi – Similar to Ganga Aarthi, Thamirabarani Matha is performed everyday @ 7PM sharp for 15 mins. It is indeed a awesome sight to be watching this Arthi with many Mahans and Sadhus presiding over this event.
- Contact Info. – https://thamirabaranipushkaram.webs.com/contact-info . Another item that I have been posting for a while but here is the info. again. Best to call Mami later in the evening around 9.30PM or early in the morning.
Posting below a few pics and videos of Maha Pushkaram, Snana Padithurai, Subramanya Swamy Temple, Yaga Salai, including the Maha Aarthi.
Remember we have only time till next Tuesday (Oct. 23) so pl. ensure you make this event ASAP. Rama Rama
Video Clips – These are small clips shot for a few seconds. You can watch all these within 5 mins.